Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

8/16/12

Quilt Show 2012

 Our local quilt show was held in July.  I managed (barely) to complete three quilts this year.  I am still in the habit of starting more projects than I can possibly finish in a given year!  Loved the fabric line for this first quilt.  It is Astor Manor by Moda.
 The second is from the line "Objects of Desire."  I quilted flowers, high heeled shoes, and purses onto the quilt.  It was a graduation gift for a local girl who has kept my office clean.
 A favorite quilt of mine that June completed this year.  Love the blue and yellow.
 I think I started this quilt nearly 10 years ago.  Nothing complicated about it at all - just sat around without a border for a long time.  I quilted snowflakes in the 4-patch squares, and used a mitten and skate motif in the border.
 My girls and their cousin, Kaitlyn, enjoyed the show, too.
 My mom completed this cross stitch last year while recovering from a fall and incorporated it into this wallhanging.
 Mom and her quilt.

My sister, Karen, has been bitten by the quilting bug as well.  This is her first quilt completed for her daughter, Taylor Rae.  It is also the first quilt I quilted for a "fee" on the longarm.  (Pampered Chef merchandise!)  I did flowers and butterflies on this one. 

And, from the 2011 quilt show...
 Grandma and her pinwheel quilt.
 The "fish" quilt I gave to my nephew, Colton.  (I made one for Tyler too, but couldn't find a picture.)
My mom's award winning wallhanging.  You can't tell in the picture, but the leaves are 3-D.  It's a really neat quilt.

Unfortunately, no voting or prizes were award for the 2012 quilt show...  Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by recognizing excellence!!  Good grief.


No comments:

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown