Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

2/14/08

Valentine's Day

Guess what you get to do if you come to our house and Melania finds out that you know how to read?
I think Joel might have left out a word here.
Happy Valentine's Day! The girls were very happy to receive their gifts this morning. Melania was not convinced that her box of candy hearts was actually a rattle for Mishayla. "Mmmmmm, yummies," was her response. Thank you Gpa and Gma! Thanks also to Uncle Blaine and Aunt Wendy for the cute cards and to Great Grandma for the pencils. Caroline gets to sharpen and use her pencils, but Melania will be keeping her pencils just as they are! She was busy learning her colors and sorting them into white, pink and red piles. Oh, look! It's Mishayla in the tub again! I guess it allows everyone to see how quickly she is growing!

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Enjoy those moments when they're little. Melania will be starting school before you know it and then you'll wonder where the time went! Such cute girls!

Carl said...

I remember those days, my niece loves to be read to and would always bring the thickest book on the bookshelf when she would talk someone into reading to her. Kids are crafty...

Lane and Sylvia said...

Wow, Mishayla is really growing fast. Oh, it goes SO fast. :-(
I'm really clad Caroline will be in a good situation and close to you. I have been worrying about her but I will stop worrying as of now. :-) It is wonderful that you have been able to have a positive influence on her. Hopefully we will continue to see her from time to time!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown