Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

4/15/08

Mishayla's Adoption Day 3/31/2008

I am the only one willing to look at the camera. Melania was very distracted and Mishayla wanted to pull on the ribbons on Melania's dress. Answering questions before the judge. Well, at least we are all looking the right direction! The judge invited us for a picture. Being adopted makes me hungry!
Mishayla's adoption is complete. We set out for the courthouse on Monday morning the 31st of March 2008. It was a cloudy day with light rain, not unlike most days this spring! Aunt Wendy and Uncle Blaine met June, Melania, Mishayla and me at the courthouse in Everett. It was also my first time to meet the attorney who handled the WA aspect of the case. Our time in the courtroom was less than 15 minutes. Hard to believe all the time, pre/post. placement reports, emotion, etc. comes down to such a short session before the judge to make everything final! It was a very special day that I will alway cherish and remember.

4 comments:

Sew Fab Martha said...

Congratulations Wanda!
What a blessing you are to your girls! They are quite a pink dynamic duo! My favorite shot is Melania dancing in her pink foofy dress in front of the candy machines in the courthouse hallway!!!
OXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!! I love the pictures of the girls. Very pretty in their dresses. Your judge doesn't look very stern :) Feel so sorry for those waiting for jury duty. Glad Melania brightened their day.
Love
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great photos. :-)
Those dresses are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo, wahoo, WAHOOOOOOO!!!!! What a wonderful day!!! Thank you SO much for sharing it with us!!!!!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown