Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

4/29/08

A move is planned...

Well, it's unofficially official. I am planning a move back to MT when my house sells in WA. I want my girls to live closer to their grandparents, and I have hopes of starting a physical therapy practice of my own. I never imagined that I'd return to my hometown, much less be looking forward to it!
I found a house on a couple of acres that I liked when I returned to MT for Easter, and I am in the process of purchasing it. It is located on the banks of the mighty Missouri in a really nice setting. The house itself had been foreclosed on and purchased as an investment property. However, due to some "unique" features, it was on the market quite awhile, and with the help of my dad and mom, a deal was made. It will need some work as it was unoccupied for nearly 2 years; primarily maintenance type stuff, major landscaping, and TLC. The good news is that there is a detached garage with an upstairs loft that will eventually serve as an apartment/ studio for June, who has decided to continue her "nannyship" and make the move with me. The bad news is I'll have a bit of a hike to the house when I park in the garage! Oh well, it is only winter for about 5 months of the year, right? I'm sure I'll toughen right up.
This has been a big decision for me, and it was not arrived at easily as WA has become my home. It is wonderful that I will still have so many friends and family to visit, and I look forward to making regular trips back to the area. I will also have plenty of room for guests, and my cousin Shaun has agreed to take visitors fishing on MT's finest rivers. (See his blog for more details...)
These pictures are from the real estate listing last summer. I don't think the leaves and grasses are out yet this year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that house is GORGEOUS!! :) Such big decisions are hard, aren't they!? I don't envy you in that process! :) But, now that you've decided, I wish you the BEST in your big journeys! Boy, if I lived closer to you (AND had more vacation time!), I would sure lend you a helping hand! :) Just know that I'm thinking of you all, though! Safe travels!!

The J's said...

OH! Congratulations!! The place looks awesome! Wishing you the best. It will be so nice to have grandparents close!! Lots of work, but wishing you happy days!!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Thanks, Jen! I wish you did have more vacation time and lived closer! I would take you up on your offer... It's a big project, but I'm already feeling more organized for this move than past moves I have made. Please no comments from folks who have helped me move in the past. We wouldn't want to discourage any other potential helpers! W. :)

Traci K said...

What a beautiful house! I can see the potential with the yard already (did I mention that you'll be making lots of trips to Home Depot?). So happy for you to be closer to home!! Good luck with all! I'm sure they'll be many helping hands!

NadineB said...

I don't know what the condition of the inside of your house is like, but the outside sure looks great! I'm happy that you are doing what feels right, but at the same time, I'm sad that you'll be leaving. You'll have to be sure and keep up your blogging for all of us!

Sew Fab Martha said...

We will be very sad to see you leave western Washington!
But it is nice to see how FABULOUS of a Montana house you will be settling into!
OXOXOXXO

Jodi Nordstrom said...

Wanda,
What a beautiful house and setting. My style of living. I pray that your transition will go smooth and that the love and help of your family will make it easier.Darling pic's of the girls!

Andrea said...

The girls are growing so fast! Thanks for sharing your news~we'll be thinking of you in this transition phase. Good luck with opening your own practice. Thinking of you 3! Andrea

Katie said...

It's beautiful! Congrats! It'll be so nice to be back in the country and close to your parents. We'll miss y'all though!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown