Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

4/3/08

Easter weekend

My Mishayla is 4 and 1/2 months old. At her 4 month check-up, she weighed 15 lb. 5 oz and was 26 and 1/4 inches long. Her doctors comment, "She has more rolls than a bakery." A very healthy, happy girl! Her adoption was finalized on 3/31/08! More pictures to follow in another posting of that happy day. I got the kids skateboards. They were "free" with T-shirts I found. The shirts were not so cool, but the skateboards were a great hit. My nephew, Trenton, told me that he'd been wanting one for "all of my life." Hope no one breaks any part of themselves. Be careful, kids! "Wook, Mommy, a swide." Mishayla gets to know Aiden, my cousin Todd and Kay's boy. He is 1 month older. All the kids.
Baby Kaitlyn, Taylor Rae, Melania, Mishayla, Kadyn, Colten, Tyler, Aiden, Trenton, Spencer
Uncle Duane, Carmen and Spencer Great Gma, Gma and Mishayla Melania discovers Leapster. Taylor Rae and Mishayla - cousins The girls minus Kaitlyn Gpa "rocks". Gma no longer fits in the rocker to read to the kids. So many grandkids, so little lap space. Brrrr - it was sunny, but very crisp morning. Great Gma was kept busy being an "equal opportunity great grandbaby holder."
We went to MT over Easter. It was a quick trip, but we had a good time. Melania and Mishayla were able to meet their new cousins. Melania went on an Easter egg hunt in town; she picked up 3 eggs to fill her Halloween soccer ball "basket." Not bad for a 2 year old who was really very busy looking around and not so interested in picking up eggs. To her, eggs are scrambled for breakfast, so she wasn't sure what the fuss was about. On Saturday, we celebrated Colten Jack's 4th birthday. He loved his semi-truck cake with hay bales, as he really likes to ride along with his dad making hay deliveries. Both girls were tired of the car by the time we returned home. Actually, I was tired, too! Aunt Karen gave Melania a "laptop" computer to play with so she was very entertained. One problem, no mute button. So, the words "Challenge yourself!" are still ringing in my ears.

8 comments:

Lane and Sylvia said...

Melania is really turning into a pretty young lady. She's a lucky little girl.

Sew Fab Martha said...

Great Montana pics!
Glad to see you back in the blog world, busy ones!!
OXOXOXO
Martha

Shirley said...

Love the latest pics! Congratulations on the adoption finalization (what a mouthful!)! -Shirley

Troy and Beth said...

Good to hear that the paperwork is done...I have to say those happy pictures make it obvious that she is definitely yours!! what a smiley baby! She's like our Danny....their smiles light up their entire face!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the adoption being finalized! Our 4 year adoption anniv was 3/30. :-)
Serena

Brent and Dayla said...

Babies grow too fast!! Adorable, adorable!!

Traci K said...

Congratulations on finalizing the adoption process! Yeah! And a little bird told me that you'll be heading East soon? Exciting! Keep up the posts!:)

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

nice to catch up a bit while my baby sleeps longing in my right arm... =) one handed typing is now my friend. congrats on everything being official and what a chuckle i got from the doc's rolls comment!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown