Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

8/1/10

Howler's Inn

The night before my cousin's wedding, the girls and I stayed at the Howler's Inn. It is a bed and breakfast near Livingston, MT, that is also a wolf sanctuary. We were lucky enough to secure a one night reservation in the Aspen room.
http://www.howlersinn.com/ Playing with doll baby and Priness Barbies. Both girls were a little distracted by the Barbie Princess DVD playing off to their right! I was able to escape to the whirlpool tub with a good book! Breakfast was fabulous, but I did not take any pictures. We were told the wolves howled quite a bit during the night, but we slept right through... Hiking around the wolf enclosure in the very tall grass. I think this one is Chief.
He's missing an eye. Apparently it got infected and wolves have the ability to "heal" themselves. Nature just took its course!
Melania with two of the younger wolves. We were able to pet them through the fence. They licked our hands and were quite friendly!
Mishayla with one of the younger wolves. She was excited until he licked her hand. We were told to be very careful because sometimes the wolves will misinterpret the quick movements of small children as prey rather than play!
These particular wolves are about a year old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wanda. Just wanted to say I love the new pic of you and your girls. Maybe it's been on here awhile, but it's new to me. Great photo!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Thanks, Amy! I don't post often enough to maintain a following! Hopefully my blogging habits will improve.

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown