Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

1/14/08

Are we about better yet?

Sorry the updates have been few and far between lately. We have all been sick. Pictures of snotty noses, crusty, watery eyes, and crabby babies are really not that exciting... I missed most of work last week because of bronchitis. However, this is a new week, and we are starting to feel better! Melania had her 2 year old well child check today. She is 36 inches tall (90th percentile) and 28.8 lbs. The Dr. asked if she knew about 20 words and I had to laugh because I think her vocabulary is around 300 words. My friends, Brian and Sue, have a bird, Kirby. Brian used to brag that Kirby knew more words than Melania, which inspired her to greatness in this area. Mishayla, on the other hand, had to get all her shots. She is not a happy baby this evening. She now weighs almost 11 lbs. and is 22.5 inches tall. I talked to Nancy, the attorney in OH, today and she told me that Cortney is doing well and appears to have lost all her "baby" weight. I was glad for the report. I guess she asked about the baby, but still did not indicate she wants anything more in the way of an open adoption. I was happy to feel like working today! However, the census is really low. We need patients, but how can you wish for anyone to have to come to the nursing home? So, maybe just a few outpatients would be nice... I'm off to try to download a few pictures that June took today. Give me a couple more minutes, Carmen!

No comments:

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown