Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

1/20/08

No Fussy Babies!

Don't you just love it when you find your name and parts of your life in the comics?
Melania wearing her new coat from Great Gma and Uncle Duane & Aunt Barb. Mommy found her hat, and I think the gloves are left over from last year. She was pretty distracted by the garbage truck on its way down the street. Melania and June were headed out on a walk. Mishayla's not big enough to walk, so she has to ride in the stroller. Wow, to be all grown up at age 2! Melania's hair is actually sort of fascinating! This is what happens when you take out braids that have been in for several days and then sleep on it. Dreads! She's just so stinkin' cute! (to quote my friend Lisa's niece).
Sorry there are no new pictures of Mishayla to post. I will try to do better tomorrow. It's just that there are none on the camera, and she is working really hard on falling to sleep... (I hope!) Let's just say the last few days and nights have not been a picnic. It's probably all my fault for choosing a different brand formula with what I assumed were the same properties as what I had been using. (I had coupons!) Enfamil, Similac, all the same stuff, right? Absolutely not. Gpa and Gma let me know that I am not a first time mom, and I should have known better. OK, now I know better. Mishayla has been very fussy, and only sleeps a few minutes without crying unless she is being held, patted, etc. (No, she's not just spoiled!)
It has been a literal "month of Sundays" since I have been able to go to meeting because of the kids or myself being sick. It will be wonderful to be back...
Until about a month ago, I could always get Melania to laugh when I told her, "No fussy babies," in a silly voice when she was on the verge of whining or fussing. So, last night she was patting Mishayla's tummy and telling her "No fussy babies" over and over. It was cute, so I just thought I'd share. Maybe she'll do it again and I'll have the video ready to go...

6 comments:

Carl said...

"No Fussy Babies!" I like it, how much longer before they give you a "No Fussy Mommy!"?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I've been lurking on your blog for a few weeks now and decided that maybe I should leave a comment! :) What a wonderful story that you have! And what *beautiful* girls!!! I love their smiles in the pictures on this post! :)

I'm wondering if you would be OK if I put a link to your blog on my blog? I wanted to ask before I followed through, so please let me know! I've shared your blog with a couple of my friends in town already and would love to share it with others!

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more updates/pictures of your cuties! :o)

Jen Martin
www.wiscogal.blogspot.com

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

I suppose there have been a few times when I deserved the "No Fussy Mommies." How did you know??

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Jen - Thanks for leaving a comment. I really appreciate it! Yes, you may put a link on your blog. I just prefer not to use any last names for the safety of my family. I will enjoy checking out your blog as well. Wanda

Dickeybirds said...

I LOVE her hair... and there is no better way to put it than "so stinkin' cute"!
ei

Carl said...

How did I know? Easy, we all have our 'fussy' days. Well except me of course, I just have decaffeinated days; which can often be mistaken for the 'other' days.

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown