Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

5/19/08

Melania trades her "paficer" for a "Big Girl Bike."

Melania is growing up fast. She has only used her pacifier at night and nap time since she turned 1 year old. However, she was still very attached. On her first night without the pacifier there were plenty of tears and anxiety was running high. Once asleep, though, she slept the entire night. So, the next morning, she was promised a big girl bike in trade. She was completely excited about the bike and her new helmet, which actually cost more than the bike. Cheap mom, I found it on Craigslist. For a couple of days, the helmet was always on. Melania has not actually mastered the pedals yet, but I think she will catch on quick.

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown