Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

12/3/07

Adoptions are not without complications.

Well, with any luck, the paperwork for us to return to WA should be completed tomorrow. Just a phone call away from buying plane tickets. Mishayla's paternity, with respect to her biological father, is in question. One father has signed the necessary paperwork to move forward (Eric), and the other (Rodwrick) is choosing not to consent to the adoption. So, what does this mean? Eric has agreed to a DNA test, so I will be taking Mishayla in to have her cheek "swabbed." Rodwrick is currently in prison until 9/2009 on drug charges, so he is not really in a position to parent. However, his mother would like custody if Mishayla is his daughter. At this time, I am praying that Eric will prove to have fathered Mishayla. Cortney (birthmom) is doing well and remains adament that she wants me to parent Mishayla because she would be "afraid" for Rodwrick's family to raise this little one. I certainly appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for what is best for Baby Mishayla.

6 comments:

Donna and Jim said...

Adoptions can be so difficult. We'll be thinking of you and I hope that everything works out ok. Be strong.

Brent and Dayla said...

Wanda, My thoughts are with you & crossing our fingers that the truth will result in the best life Mishayla could possibly have. Dayla

Boyd Family said...

Although I really don't "know" you I found your blog and have met you. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I check your blog everyday to see and read details of your kiddos. Crossing my fingers everything goes well and you can get on that plane soon-Megan Boyd

Randy and Amy said...

Wanda, know for sure my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how much Mishayla is already a part of your family. I hope like everything the three of you will be on the next plane home to Seattle. ~Amy

Sew Fab Martha said...

Congratulations, Wanda!
What a doll!
We will look forward to meeting her in person!
Hopefully see you on Friday!?!
Safe Travels Home,
Your RWW Rehab Friends

Troy and Beth said...

Another beautiful girl! What a lucky mommy! We'll be checking back to keep up with you all! Hope everything works out.
*Beth, Troy, Joe and Danny

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown