Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

12/18/07

Not much of an update...

Unfortunately, not much to update. Seems like I have been pretty busy of late, which keeps me quite distracted. I did hear from my attorney in OH this morning. It seems Cortney had car problems last week and was unable to drive Eric to the lab for testing. She indicated that her car is fixed now, but she does not know Eric's whereabouts. So, she was going to call his mom to see about locating him. He apparently has some concerns about not wanting to know if he is the father, which is fine. He does not have to know, just me! My attorney here in WA is moving toward termination of both Cortney and Eric's parental rights at this time. This will give me legal custody of Mishayla, enabling me to add her to my health insurance. We need to be thinking about a Dr. appt, as she will be 1 month old tomorrow. She is growing quickly - already in 3 month clothing. Still not so happy about sleeping at night, but seems to fit it all in during the day. She certainly eats a lot more formula than Melania did at this age. She is pretty cute when she checks you out with her big, brown eyes. Melania is still a very helpful big sister. She had a number of braids today pulled back into a pony tail. I might have a picture to post soon. Very cute! Caroline brought home her report card today. She also received an award for being the Most Improved Student. Her reading continues to improve, but it looks like we will be spending more of our homework time working on math. I was proud of her marks for attitude and effort. She is really trying hard this year. All for now, as I'm off to put in the pacifier and console one baby who is supposed to be gearing down for the night...

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate to deal with. Ugh! We sure hope they can relinquish all their rights so she can legally be yours A.S.A.P!:)

andy and michelle said...

Hi Wanda! I just discovered your blog after you commented on mine. How lovely to look over your photos and your beautiful girls!! I've got a couple questions for you - - maybe I'll send you an email one of these days. Is your email listed somewhere?
Thanks for commenting on my blog - I just love hearing from people and getting to know them!
Michelle

Troy and Beth said...

You've got a busy household. You're going to make me have to go online during our trip to check on your parental status...the suspense is terrible here...I can't imagine what you feel. Keep posting those pictures.
*Beth

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown