Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

12/22/07

My best post so far!

So, I'm sitting at work charting on a patient early Friday afternoon when my Ohio attorney calls me to say, "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!" I answer, "I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too." Then she says, "Wait, I have more news for you. Eric's the father." I say, "What?" "Really?" and start to cry. How's that for a response? I was just so worried about there being any chance of losing Mishayla that it came as a HUGE relief. Eric did end up being tested on Dec. 18 after he found out that he would not have to know the results. The lab faxed Nancy (Ohio attorney) the results on Friday. I had nearly given up on him being tested and was afraid I would have to wait for Rodwrick to have a DNA test proving he was NOT the father. Anyway, I'm very, very happy, relieved, destressed, etc. My WA attorney sent me a copy of the DNA test results which I am considering having framed. (Just kidding!) His e-mail to me had one word - "Yahooo." He later left me a phone message saying he'd moved my file to the "Easy to Be Completed" pile. This is certainly good news for Mishayla's college fund (among other things!) I apologize for not posting this wonderful news earlier, but I left for MT yesterday immediately following work. We spent the night with some friends in Spokane (Thanks Kent and Julie!), and ventured the rest of the way to my parent's place today. It was a safe trip with good roads. Wish I could say the same for my sister, Wendy, but she and Blaine left this morning and ran into bad roads all the way. They were planning to stop and come the rest of the way tomorrow. We will be able to go to Twin Bridges special meeting in the morning and must get up pretty early. I can hardly remember the last time that I was home to MT in time for a special meeting. I'm really looking forward to it. My mom (Gma!) has it all worked out. She says that she will take Mishayla, Gpa will take Melania, and I will just have to sit and listen. We'll see... Caroline is here with us as well. She misses her mom, but I think she will get caught up in playing the kids pretty quickly. Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers, and I will post more pictures soon. I promise... (I forgot my camera battery charger at home, so I'll have to borrow while I am here).

12 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! Now you can sit back and enjoy Christmas with YOUR beautiful daughters!

Merry Christmas!
~Beth~

Andrea said...

We are so glad to hear your good news and have been thinking about you so much during this time of 'waiting'. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family this next week. Look forward to seeing more pictures later.
hugs, Andrea

Traci K said...

Yeah!!!!! So happy that that was the result. Less headache and heartache for you! Enjoy your time with G'ma and G'pa! Wish we could've been at Twin B! We were there about 4 years ago. Loved the snow and staying in some little log cabin hotel there in town.:)

Randy and Amy said...

I'm crying happy tears right along with you...literally!!!! YEAH!

Donna and Jim said...

Whew! What a relief. Congratulations! I am so happy that stress is over for you. Enjoy your holidays with your family. Sorry I missed you while I am in the NW.

Boyd Family said...

Yippee...so glad to hear the news. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute with your girls-Megan Boyd

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Serena

GIEJ Long said...

Congratulations Wanda!!! We are so happy for you!
We look forward to meeting you and your two cute girls. Hope soon!
Ivona, Gordon, Emily and Jonathan.

Dickeybirds said...

Oh, Wanda!! You couldn't ask for a better gift! I'm so glad for you.
ei

Anonymous said...

Wanda, Apparently I only have an old email address for you. I've been trying to find a way to email you...but its rejected. Do you still have my email address?
Serena

JnJWard said...

YAY from Jayda and Jenee'. Great news. We need to get together soon. Enjoy your holidays!

Carl said...

Congratulations! What a great Christmas present that news would be. Enjoy your time in MT!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown