Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

12/1/07

Home is where your cat and coffee are (among other things).

All in all, not such a good night for the UW Husky Volleyball team. They lost in 5 games to BYU. This picture is from a few years ago. If you look closely at the fans, you might see people you know. They are going to lose some great players, but next year should still be a good one! Meanwhile, I'll sit back and enjoy the rest of the tournament stress-free, and cheer for the Pac-10. Yes, even Stanford...

I am missing my sewing machine and my cat, Sylvester. I think he misses me, too. I can't promise he's going to be happy about a new baby, though. Caroline assures me she has been taking good care of him. Thank you, Caroline!

Finally, I have to tell a funny story on myself. Let me just say there are virtually no drive-thru coffee stands in this part of OH. I've found a few Starbucks, but you have walk in, which is no small thing with a new baby and Melania. Plus, I'm not really a Starbucks fan. So, imagine my delight when Carmen points out a drive-thru coffee place having their grand opening. A young man (14 or so) takes my order. I'm worried, but desperate for a skinny mocha with a splash of sugar-free Irish creme, my favorite drink. So, I politely explain/request the drink I want with a few extra directions on how to get it exactly right. From the backseat, without prompting, Melania says, "Picky, picky, picky." Carmen thought this was very funny, and I have to admit to laughing as well. A couple of days ago at Target, after several attempts by Carmen to find something, I had said to her, "Picky, picky, picky!" It is safe to say Melania doesn't miss a thing. Fortunately, my drink was perfect!

2 comments:

Lane and Sylvia said...

Those 3 little girls are very lucky and you sure are doing a nice job with them. I'll bet they loved the snow today, huh!?

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Since we are still in OH, it is hard to say. I bet Caroline enjoyed it, though. Thanks for the vote of confidence! We are definitely looking forward to coming home as soon as the paperwork is complete.

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown