Melania Maycie & Mishayla Marian

12/13/07

Baby "Shaya" is 3 weeks old.

This will be a rushed post, as it is a weeknight in December and I have a lot to do. No kidding! Still nothing positive to report with respect to the DNA testing. I'm working closely with the attorney in OH, who will be trying to locate Cortney and Eric to take them to the testing center. Cortney's cell phone is "pay as you go" and has been temporarily disconnected. I believe she is starting back to work this week so maybe we will find her there. They were scheduled for Wednesday, but the lab had not received the samples when I called today. This waiting around is a bummer. Melania is happiest when she is helping with her little sister. Holding the bottle, dispensing the pacifier, and patting her back are all favorite jobs. She likes to tell people that "Shaya" is sleeping, whether she is or not. Melania is heartbroken if you tell her she can't help, so we all try to find things for her to do. She is also sad to be "too big" for the bouncey chair, swing, play yard, etc.
Mishayla - 3 weeks old and still worried about falling over.
Hmmmmm, contemplating something... Here is a description of baby photography by June.
"First, hold a black and white book very close to the baby's face so she can focus on it. Slowly move the book in an upward direction. It must be slow to allow for maximal focusing. Snap picture as fast as possible, before baby closes her eyes and returns to sleeping. Some babies will just lose interest. This one becomes comatose."
This is what can happen to the unsuspecting photographer.
A picture of the chins... "I'm still not sure if I like what is going on around here." Mishayla is penalized for excessive sleeping by removal of her clothing. This, plus cold hands, seems to be the only way to awaken her - at least during the day!

5 comments:

GIEJ Long said...

Wanda, I think that Mishayla should "give" some sleep hours to Emily. See, you are worried she sleeps too much, I am worried she sleeps too little. ...I think you are better off in this... :-)
Ivona.

Randy and Amy said...

What a couple of cuties!!! I don't know you ever put down the camera! Mishayla has dimples...BIG dimples. How adorable.

Traci K said...

They are so cute! Does Melania have a little baby doll that she can diaper when you are with Mishayla? That might help out with some of the helping issues. She's probably having a little time with trying to share Mommy too and that's the norm.:)

Carl said...

Stumbled onto your blog and thought I should at least say Hi! Your little ones sure are cute.

Carl said...

Yes, please do and that is odd. Bumped into Hugh today at the hardware store, but haven't seen his other half in awhile. Crazy small towns!

Melania at the Piano - 11 months

Melania at the Piano - 11 months
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it." - Unknown

The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life
"I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you."
-Unknown